Join us from 29th May – 6th June, when we will be celebrating all things rhino! Discover more about these magnificent creatures and how you can support the conservation efforts of rhino in the wild.
PROTECT THE RHINO…
• Did you know, there are five species of rhino (two in Africa, three in Asia). Two of the five species have fewer than 80 individuals left in the wild…
• All rhinos are under threat because of poaching and habitat loss – poaching has reached a crisis point and rhino habitat is shrinking.
• Conservation efforts are making a positive difference but need to continue!
• Here at WMSP, we are home to a ‘crash’ of over ten rhino from two different species, the Indian rhino and the white rhino.
• Your visit to the Park plays a vital role in supporting the welfare and conservation of our rhino, and Rhino Week is a fantastic opportunity for you to find out more about our conservation work for this fantastic species.
• To find out more about our charity partner for Rhino Week and how you can donate, please visit: Save the Rhino International.
• Join our scratch card trail – Take part in our interactive scratch card trail where young explorers can find out more about the rhino who call WMSP home and how we can continue to help their species thrive in the wild. All explorers receive an official Rhino Week sticker for taking part in this activity.
• Visit our Rhino Information Station – Located in our Discovery trail, uncover fascinating insights into our rhinos, learn interesting facts about the various species of rhino and find out more about how we can help save these amazing creatures in the wild.
• Enter our Facebook competition – take a picture next to our rhino photo point to be entered into a prize draw to win a family Annual Pass!
TICKETS ALSO INCLUDE:
- Four-mile Safari – see our youngest rhino, Inesh, born in September 2020!
- Land of the Living Dinosaurs
- Ice Age
- Boj’s Giggly Park
- Discovery Trail
- Penguin Cove
- Sea Lion Show
- Twilight Cave
- Creepy Crawlies
- Friendly Animal Encounters
- Reptile House
- Hippo Lakes
- African Village
- Meerkat Mayhem
- Lemur Woods (face coverings are mandatory in this area)
Our Adventure Theme Park will also be open – rides are charged extra.